BURNING NIGHTS MEET ‘N’ GREET UK for CRPS SUFFERERS
Burning Nights has now confirmed the Meet ‘n’ Greet for CRPS Sufferers and is planned for SATURDAY 7th NOVEMBER 2015 at the Birmingham Marriott Hotel.
As you know November is seen as CRPS awareness month and we think that this is going to be an excellent opportunity for you to meet other CRPS sufferers and get to know more about each other!
THE MEET IS NOW FULL!!
You will have received your ticket now by email, if you haven’t and you have a confirmed place please let us know straight away so we can check our list and re-issue your ticket.
** Please note – If you are booking to stay at the Birmingham Marriott Hotel, please CONTACT the hotel DIRECTLY when making your booking especially if you have made a request to have a disabled room. Please remember that it is a REQUEST ONLY and it cannot be guaranteed. This is why you MUST contact the hotel first before making a booking. You don’t want to get to the hotel and find you are disappointed.**
BURNING NIGHTS CRPS MEET n GREET UK DETAILS
- We are holding the event in a conference/event room and the hotel we have been told is fully accessible including disabled toilets.
- The event will be held at the BIRMINGHAM MARRIOTT HOTEL, FIVE WAYS, BIRMINGHAM, B16 8SJ (See below)
- STARTING at 9.30am
- FINISH at approximately 5pm / 5.30pm
- LUNCH will be provided
- REFRESHMENTS provided throughout the day
- There’ll be 3 outside guest speakers giving talks
- 1 of the speakers we have is MR RICHARD LOWES a solicitor from BLB Solicitors in Bath (See below for details)
- Another speaker will be GEMMA COLLIS, GB Wheelchair Fencer and London 2012 Paralympian as well as a CRPS sufferer (See below for her details)
- The final professional speaker is DR JENNY LEWIS form RNHRD Bath Pain Clinic service (See below)
- We are also having 4 CRPS sufferers and 2 carers recounting their personal stories
- We are looking at having a RAFFLE as well on the day! (See below for more details)
- There will be time at the end of the day for a mingle with each other, with Gemma Collis, Mr Lowes and his colleague
- LIMITED SPACES UP TO 65 PEOPLE – It is NOW FULL!
- The meeting will be videoed and a highlight video produced, so we can upload it to the website. If you’re unable to come along you will still be able to see what has gone on by watching our short highlight video
- We will also be treated to the delights of Larissa Ralph with her delicious, specially made and created cupcakes (See below for more info)
- If you have confirmed your ticket and have not given us your email please contact us on the email address below and let us know an email address for us to send you a FREE ENTRY TICKET
- Your free tickets will have already been emailed to you to the email address you have given to us previously. If you haven’t received it or you’ve lost it, please let us know so we can re-issue your tickets.
BIRMINGHAM MARRIOTT HOTEL
** Please note – If you are booking to stay at the Birmingham Marriott Hotel, please CONTACT the hotel DIRECTLY when making your booking especially if you have made a request to have a disabled room. Please remember that it is a REQUEST ONLY and it cannot be guaranteed. This is why you MUST contact the hotel first before making a booking. You don’t want to get to the hotel and find you are disappointed. Their phone number is 0121 452 1144**
RICHARD LOWES, Solicitor from BLB Solicitors, Bath
“CRPS in LITIGATION”
T: 01225 462871
Our other SPEAKER for the day is:
GEMMA COLLIS who not only is a CRPS sufferer but is also the GB Wheelchair Fencer and London 2012 Paralympian.
Gemma will be talking about her life with CRPS as well as being an athlete whilst also coping and dealing with the stresses and strains of having a chronic pain condition like CRPS.
OUR 3rd SPEAKER of the day is:
DR JENNY LEWIS PhD, MSc, Dip COT
Dr Lewis has kindly agreed to speak for us in the morning on our Burning Nights CRPS Support Meet & Greet day. Dr Lewis will be talking about Body Perception Disturbance in CRPS. She works at the Royal National Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases in the chronic pain services in Bath. Dr Lewis is a Clinical Research Occupational Therapist whose speciality is Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS).
For more information on Dr Lewis, please visit the RNHRD Chronic Pain Services webpage.
RAFFLEThat’s right! Yes we are holding a raffle to help us fundraise to become a charity for this life-altering condition; CRPS. It is with great thanks that we have received a large number of brand new items from a number of Burning Nights followers and CRPS sufferers and their families and friends. > 1 of those prizes will be a painting created just for our fundraising raffle from a fellow CRPS sufferer; NATHALIE SHERIDAN. Nathalie has kindly agreed to create us a special painting just for us to raffle to help us fundraise to become a charity. If you’d like to see more of her work and possibly purchase something from her website or Etsy Shop, then here’s her details: W: www.nathaliesheridanarts.co.uk/ Etsy Shop: www.etsy.com/uk/shop/nathaliesheridanarts Tickets for the raffle will be available to be bought throughout the whole day and the raffle will be drawn at the end of the day.
CUPCAKESLarissa Ralph who is also a fellow CRPS sufferer, will be creating and bringing in some of her beautifully designed and created cupcakes to sell on the day. She is kindly donating the money to us at Burning Nights. Here are a few pictures of cupcakes and cakes that Larissa has made before for others:
PRODUCT TABLEThere will also be a product table at the Meet & Greet with a range of our products for you to buy. Visit our online SHOP to give you more information on our products. We will also be bringing along a few different sizes of our Unisex t-shirt from our t-shirt campaign TBOOM. You can buy different styles including Ladies’ style, vest, unisex and junior size direct from TBOOM. www.tboom.co.uk/burning-nights-crps-support
If you wish to be added to the final reserve list please can you email us on:-
We are hoping this will be an excellent opportunity for you all to meet other CRPS sufferers, hear about other sufferers CRPS stories, listen to a couple of guest speakers and generally get to know each other.
Thank you all!
Please feel free to share this post with any CRPS sufferer that you know, they may also wish to join us.
If you wish to comment on the Burning Nights CRPS Meet n Greet UK post please do so below, or share it on Social Media using the share buttons below!
Last Updated: 02/11/2015