- This event has passed.
CRPS Awareness Month 2019
1 November @ 00:00 – 30 November @ 23:30 UTC+0
CRPS awareness month has been going on around the world for over 20 years, to try and raise awareness for Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) formerly Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy or RSD.
The more people including the general public, medical/healthcare and legal professionals are made aware of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, will help all those living with the chronic condition to get diagnoses quicker and treatment started sooner.
If we as a CRPS charity can help just 1 (one) person affected by this chronic condition or make 1 person aware of the effects of CRPS then we have made a difference. So how can YOU help us to raise awareness for Complex Regional Pain Syndrome?
How You Can Help Raise Awareness of CRPS During CRPS Awareness Month
Here are some general ideas of how you can help raise awareness for Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) during CRPS awareness month 2019:
- Download our Twibbon for CRPS Awareness Month on both Facebook and Twitter
- Buy any of our CRPS awareness products – Leaflet | Postcard | Wristband | Bookmark | Enamel Badge | Pen | Notepad and Pen set | Christmas Cards … We’re including a FREE CRPS information leaflet and a button badge for every order during November 2019!
- Talk to your local MP about the condition and how it affects you and about Burning Nights CRPS Support charity. Contact your MP and let them know about our Campaign to Raise Awareness of CRPS in Westminster. Visit our CRPS campaign in Westminster article on this which includes a free template letter which you can just add your brief story and send it to your local MP.
- Speak to your local Town Hall or Library and ask them to light their building orange as Manchester Town Hall did last 3 years and Blackpool Tower have done
- Talk to your local Doctors’ surgery or pain clinic about putting some of our CRPS awareness leaflets or A4 posters in their waiting rooms, to try and reach out to anyone who may be affected by Complex Regional Pain. Contact us if your surgery would like to include them in their waiting room or ask the Practice Manager to contact us
- Ask your local school/college to give a brief speech to their pupils to give them an idea of what CRPS is, the symptoms and how it affects you
- Provide a brief article for your local newspaper
- Ask to give an interview on your local radio station
- Hold a coffee morning
- Make a donation via our donation page
- Hold a fundraiser – See our fundraising page for ideas. We can support your fundraiser by sending you A4 posters for your event, A5 flyers & t-shirts are available
- Ask your friends and family to post on social media about you and your CRPS story or share our website
- Check out our CRPS Awareness Month page!
- Donate £5 by Text – Text ORANGE to 70500 to give £5 to Burning Nights CRPS Support. Texts cost donation plus 1 message at your standard network rate. 100% goes to the charity. Always ask the bill payers permission.
- Donate £3 per month by Text – You can also pay a regular £3 per month – Text STRENGTH to 70300 to donate £3 per month. 100% to Burning Nights CRPS Support. Ts and Cs apply
Healthcare and Legal Professionals and Students During CRPS Awareness Month
For health and legal professionals as well as student healthcare professionals we provide Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) awareness and information sessions which are currently free to those in the NHS (within 2 hour radius of the charity’s location. Over 2 hours we ask for a £50 donation towards the cost of the expenses)
These sessions are individual and bespoke information and awareness and are usually from 1 hour in length up to half day events. Please contact Victoria Abbott-Fleming the charity’s Founder and Chair who provides these CRPS awareness sessions.
We can also send your department, clinic or company with CRPS information leaflets for both patients and professionals alike as well as an A4 poster advertising the charity and its frontline services. Please contact us if you’d like us to send you a small supply.