- This event has passed.
CRPS AWARENESS MONTH
Tuesday, November 1, 2016 @ 08:00 - Wednesday, November 30, 2016 @ 17:00 UTC+0
CRPS AWARENESS MONTH
Every year for the entire month of November, across the world we celebrate International CRPS awareness month!
For the last 18 years CRPS awareness month has been going on around the world to try and raise awareness for Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) formerly Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy or RSD.
If we as a CRPS charity can help just 1 (one) person affected by this chronic condition or make 1 person aware of the effects of CRPS then we have made a difference. So how can YOU help us to raise awareness for Complex Regional Pain Syndrome? Here are some ideas to help:
- Buy any of our CRPS awareness products – Leaflet | Postcard | Wristband | Bookmark | Enamel Badge | Pen …
- Talk to your local MP about the condition and about Burning Nights CRPS Support charity
- Speak to your local Town Hall or Library and ask them to light their building orange as Manchester Town Hall did last year
- Talk to your local Doctors’ surgery or pain clinic about putting some of our CRPS awareness leaflets or A4 posters in their waiting rooms, to try and reach out to anyone who may be affected by Complex Regional Pain
- Ask your local school/college to give a brief speech to their pupils to give them an idea of what CRPS is, the symptoms and how it affects you
- Provide a brief article for your local newspaper
- Ask to give an interview on your local radio station
- Hold a coffee morning
- Hold a fundraiser – See our fundraising page for ideas. We can support your fundraiser by sending you A4 posters for your event, A5 flyers & t-shirts are available
- Ask your friends and family to post on social media about you and your CRPS story or share our website
You can learn more about Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) via pages within our website, such as:
Making people aware about CRPS is the key to getting the condition properly recognised across the world. It could help ensure that sufferers are correctly diagnosed and treated when they visit their GP’s, doctors and hospitals.
There are so many ways that you can try and get the message across to people about Complex Regional Pain Syndrome during CRPS awareness month in November. So why not let us know what you’re up to help raise awareness for Complex Regional Pain Syndrome month?! What are YOU doing to help during CRPS awareness month this November??!!