- This event has passed.
Giving Tuesday Now
5 May @ 08:00 – 23:30 BST
Giving Tuesday Now
Join us on Giving Tuesday Now in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
As a result of the global coronavirus pandemic, Tuesday 5 May 2020, will become a global day of unity where we all come together to thank those who have supported us, our families and communities during this challenging time.
Giving Tuesday Now is a day for us all to show how much we appreciate key workers who have played such an important role over the last weeks and months of the coronavirus pandemic. As well as to those charities such as Burning Nights CRPS Support, who are always there working on the important issues that make a difference in all our lives.
Giving Tuesday Now have said that the day is for:
Communities are encouraged to take action on behalf of first responders, as well as the world’s other – often forgotten – frontline workers: the nonprofits and community organisations that feed, house, educate, and nurture neighbours impacted by the global pandemic. The social sector is in crisis at the very moment the world needs it most, and GivingTuesday stands ready to rally the world at this critical time.
What Can You Do To Help?
As a small charity working to improve life for those affected by a rare condition, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) whether they are patients, family members, friends or carers, most of our fundraising events have either been cancelled or postponed.
This has lead to a large dip in fundraisers and donations. However we have been busier than usual and have become overstretched in dealing with social media comments and private messages, telephone calls to our Support Helpline, emails and general requests for help, support and guidance.
There are many ways in which you can help Burning Nights CRPS Support on Giving Tuesday Now.
- Make a small donation to Burning Nights CRPS Support as every penny and pound donated counts
- Volunteer with us – we have many volunteering opportunities available including online due to the coronavirus community champions, grant writers, fundraisers, fundraising supporters, Twitter support volunteers and more
- Online virtual fundraiser – due to the coronavirus pandemic, traditional fundraising has changed. You could set up an online virtual fundraiser such as a virtual coffee morning, or an online gaming marathon and live stream your event asking for donations, or hold a ‘night out, night in’ and charge your friends and family who have joined you online the amount it would cost for a drink ie £3 for a pint, £1 for a soft drink etc.
- Post messages of support and thanks to essential keyworkers especially the forgotten ones like supermarket workers, post office workers, van drivers and charities. Don’t forget to use the hashtag #givingtuesdaynow
- Put a heart in your front window as a way to thank all the key workers who are helping us through this crisis – Please take a photo of your heart and share on social media with a message thanking everyone or all the people who are supporting our friends, families and communities and use the hashtag #givingtuesdaynow
Our Thanks To Our Volunteers
Burning Nights CRPS Support couldn’t exist and continue to offer our main services if it wasn’t for our fabulous team of volunteers.
We have many volunteers from the U.K. and USA who have continued to help, support and inform CRPS patients, family members, loved ones and carers all throughout the coronavirus pandemic. We simply don’t know where we’d be without their incredible generosity
Burning Nights CRPS Support Founder and Chair, Victoria Abbott-Fleming said:
I am so proud of the team behind Burning Nights CRPS Support who have all stepped up to answer all the posts, messages, calls and emails, to help allay fears, provide impartial advice and be a listening ear for those in need. Thank You to our team of volunteers, you’re doing a fantastic job, THANK YOU!Victoria Abbott-Fleming, Founder and Chair of Burning Nights CRPS Support
Make a donation this #GivingTuesdayNow