Burning Nights CRPS Support is a UK national charity dedicated to raising awareness of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
DONATE

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  heather 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

No1nanny
    Participant

My CRPS started after I snapped my ligaments in my index finger. The operation never worked properly and the pain was incredible . After years of treatments and two operations I am having my index finger amputated as it never worked again and the pain if I knock it is excruciating . I know the pain will never go or it may get worse but it is for the best. Has anyone else had this done?

DC
    Participant

Hi No1nanny,

I’m new to this website and have recently left my own personal journey with CRPS on the welcome page.
    I have no experience with Amputation as yet, but its certainly something I think of daily.
    My CRPS is in my ankle/lower leg which has basically left me disabled for the past 4 years. I am at the stage where CRPS has affected everything so badly that I often contemplate doing the amputation myself, literally the thought of dying through loss of blood is the only thing that ever prevents me from carrying this out.
    I obviously would prefer not to have an amputation but I just believe that my life could restart if I were to have one.
    Like yourself, I fully understand that I could still be left with severe pain and discomfort but the thought of possibly walking again with the use of a prosthetic leg continues to be the light at the end of the tunnel for me.
    My cousin was unfortunate to lose both his legs in Iraq a few years ago and the things he can do with his bionic legs are amazing and very inspirational.
    As far as I’m concerned, whatever pain that I’d be left with after amputation couldn’t be any worse than what I currently experience daily.
    I do hope your amputation goes as well as possible and wish you all the very best.
    regards

David

heather
    Participant

No1nanny, I hope you are doing well if you had your finger amputated. A finger on my right had is bad and will split open and the finger nail will flatten and peel up. It is so bad I can’t touch anything with it. And then it will quiet down and be tolerable for a bit. My crps started 10+ years ago in my right foot. But I have it full body now. I truelly hope that you are doing well and that the pain in your hand is less now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Accessibility
Call Now