Burning Nights CRPS Support is a UK national charity dedicated to raising awareness of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
DONATE

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  m.meg@live.com 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

The answer to this is apparently YES!! According ot the University of Malaga men and women have similar if not the same tolerance when it comes down to pain – REALLY??!!

Read More ..

MEN & WOMEN ARE THE SAME FOR PAIN

m.meg@live.com
    Participant

I would be shocked if two of us rated the same pain the same pain-scale number. Ny own scale isn’t even the same as it was 19 years ago. Seems like you build some tolerance, then you experience pain that is off the chart lowering all your ratings.

Part of the problem with RSD is that there is no measurement the doctors can take proving our pain level. We can do nothing but explain it and hope we are believed.

Also adding other stressors in my life can “break the camel’s back”. A tolerable pain is doable, but add another few elements: a toothache, a breakup, a fall, additional RSD pain, an insurance problem, depression, overdoing it, the flu, being awake all night long, cleaning a room, etc. It’s like 2+1+1=6. Tolerable RSD pain + insurance stress + the flu = way more pain than seems reasonable.

I think there are too many uncontrollable factors to make the statement men and women have the same pain tolerance.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Accessibility
Call Now