Burning Nights CRPS Support is a UK national charity dedicated to raising awareness of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
DONATE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    EmmaJ
    Participant

Hi,

I was diagnosed with CRPS about 4 years ago, it’s in my left foot, and have been managing to walk without assistance. however I Broke my right ankle about 8 weeks ago; I’m in an orthopaedic boot rather than a cast,and using crutches again. I still cannot weight bear and it’s very painful and still swollen, although not as bad as when I first did it. Has anyone any advice? Do bones take longer to heal when you already have CRPS?! Just thought I’d ask if anyone’s had similar experience before visiting GP…..thanks

Angiejc

Hi Emma,

How are you feeling? I am sorry to hear you are in pain. Unfortunately, I haven’t broken a bone and I would suggest definitely speaking to your GP or consultant about CRPS.

Please let us know how you get on.

Angie

EmmaJ
    Participant

Hi Angie,
    After speaking to my GP, I have now been referred for further physio. It’s now been 10 weeks since I broke my fibula, it’s painful. Had first physio appointment today and told to walk with only one crutch and ditch the orthopaedic boot, it’s being treated as if I have CRPS again but they are unsure. Hopefully it will improve soon…
    Emma

Angiejc

Hi Emma,

I hope you are feeling stronger with every passing day and the pain isn’t worse.

Please do let us know how you are getting on.

Angie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We Need Your Support

Please help us provide counselling to people affected by CRPS. Our help, services and advice are only possible thanks to donations from people like you. If you can, please donate now.

Accessibility