Burning Nights CRPS Support is a UK national charity dedicated to raising awareness of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
DONATE

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  UniQuegurl70 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Derek Mulligan
    Participant

Hi there,

Was diagnosed with CRPS after being through a fractured talus followed by avascular necrosis of same and had Llizarov frame fitted and 10 days after removal of frame got diagnosis. Im currently waiting on a bed to be given 24hr ketamine infusion. Has anyone any experience with this and what to expect?

UniQuegurl70

Derek,
    I’m hoping to get a ketamine infusion soon as well. I know very little about them and look forward to your feedback.

~Lori

Derek Mulligan
    Participant

Hi Lori,

Had a 3 day infusion over weekend and to be honest it worked, no real side effects whilst on it save for perhaps being a little chatty. Given the nature of injuries prior to CRPS i.e fracture followed by avascular necrosis I have been non weight bearing for 5 months and after ketamine I took my first step without crutches. Im currently seeing a therapist, doing Amatsu and hydrotherapy. The only hangover if you like or perhaps it may turn back to something more is that from my knee to toes is ice cold which I know is one of symptoms but pain, swelling and shiny skin has reversed. I would do it again if needed. Best of luck.

D

UniQuegurl70

Derek,
    Thank you for the feedback. I’m so glad you had a positive experience. This is what we hope for all crps patients.

~lori

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Accessibility
Call Now