Burning Nights CRPS Support is a UK national charity dedicated to raising awareness of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
DONATE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sastheforce
    Participant

Both myself and my wife both have CRPS and have been taking oxycodone quick release liquid and a slow release morphine in the morning and at night. I was diagnosed 7 years ago and my wife 5 years ago mine due to an accident my wife due to her employer which happened to be the NHS.
    We have both seen 7 pain management consultants in the past few years and all have said exactly the same thing and that is its too late for treatment and the best way is to control the pain.
    What i am trying to create a discussion about is why do GPs think they know better that consultants that deal with CRPS everyday.
    I believe a leaflet of some kind should be produced and sent to every GP in the UK explaining what CRPS is and how it affects people who suffer from this terrible illness. Maybe then GP’s would understand why CRPS suffers are in so much pain and they may have some sympathy towards thier own patients

UniQuegurl70

I agree that it’s very sad that many practitioners are not familiar with this disease. Unfortunately most doctors spend very little time in school covering this. Most practitioners have never even had a complex regional pain syndrome patient. Hang in there and I hope you get some relief soon.

~LORI

Donj307
    Participant

Taking pregablin at the moment after trying gabapentin and other things long term on and off…. Started pregab again started from scratch 25mg now doing 200mg a day! Feeling sick on and off tired nauseas. Don’t really know what else to try. Bearing in mind it doesn’t really make any difference to the pain

karenat35
    Participant

Totally agree with you G.Ps in Sheffield are on a mission it seems to me to reduce or remove all opiate medication from patients with chronic pain, it is terrifying to think I have to try and cope without any help at all from my G.P now I had all the treatments the pain clinic can offer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Accessibility
Call Now