Burning Nights CRPS Support is a UK national charity dedicated to raising awareness of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
DONATE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    satonmybutt
    Participant

I have somehow damaged my knee, my decent knee!
    I have had 13 knee surgeries and so I know that I have done some serious damage, it feels like something I have done before and I’m unsure of what will happen now I have CRPS diagnosis.

Will the perform surgery or will they say they can’t because of CRPS?

Hi ‘satonmybutt’
    It all depends on the surgeon whether they perform surgery or not because they will obviously be very mindful of the fact of your CRPS/RSD diagnosis. They will weigh up the pros and cons of your surgery and how or whether it will make the CRPS spread from your bad knee to your good knee.
    Spreading of the CRPS is the major thing with operations on good limbs, why not speak to your local doctor/GP or your ortho who’s done the knee surgeries in the past, they may shed some light on things

Sending hugs xx

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please Show Your Support

Our team is working tirelessly to provide you with up to date information about coronavirus. Record numbers of people now need our support. Our help and advice are only possible thanks to donations from people like you. If you can, please donate now.

Accessibility