Donations To Burning Nights CRPS Support
As a UK registered charity, Burning Nights CRPS Support accepts donations that will help us to raise funds enabling us to continue offering our many frontline services.
We are sure with your help that we will attain our fundraising targets to help us continue to be a successful and sustainable charity dedicated to raising awareness and supporting all those affected by Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS).
Our Charity Registration Number is 1166522 and we are Registered in England & Wales. We are also registered for Gift Aid in the UK.
HOW TO MAKE A DONATION
You can make a donation to Burning Nights CRPS Support in a number of ways including via our website, via Virgin Money Giving, by PayPal, by cheque or by bank transfer.
Burning Nights CRPS Website
You can now make either a one-off donation or a regular donation via the Burning Nights CRPS Support website. Please click on the image below or visit our MAKE A DONATION page.
If you don’t wish to donate via our online form you can also make a donation via PayPal using the yellow “DONATE” button below, which will take you through to PayPal. You do not need to have a PayPal account, you can use either your PayPal account or via Debit/Credit cards, then enter the amount you wish to donate or set up a direct debit.
OTHER WAYS TO DONATE
Via your own PayPal account
You are also able to send your donation by using the ‘Send’ button in your PayPal account and send it direct to email@example.com
If you would prefer to make a donations other than through either our online donation form or PayPal system below OR you are having problems accessing the DONATE button you are still able to donate by sending a cheque. Please make your cheque payable to “Burning Nights CRPS Support” and then send it to our registered address: Burning Nights CRPS Support, 1 Alder Brook, Chinley, High Peak, Derbyshire SK23 6DN.
If you would like to make either a regular or one-off donation via direct bank transfer please contact us and we will email you the banking details.
Click on the STANDING ORDER FORM to download our Standing Order form. If you can complete and sign 2 copies – 1 to take to your bank and the 2nd copy to post back to us at our charity registered address:
Burning Nights CRPS Support,
1 Alder Brook,
High Peak, Derbyshire SK23 6DN
What is Gift Aid in the UK?
When Burning Nights CRPS Support receives a donation from a UK taxpayer, we are entitled to claim an amount of tax (calculated at the basic rate of income tax in that year) paid on that donation. Once you have given your permission for us to do this on your behalf (by filling in this Gift Aid form), there is no need for you to do anything else.
All that is required is that you must be a taxpayer and that you would have paid or will pay sufficient Income and/or Capital Gains Tax to cover all the Gift Aid claimed on all your donations in that tax year. Please note that it is your responsibility to pay any difference.
The amount of tax we claim will be 25% of the total value of your donations in that tax year. Furthermore, if you are a higher taxpayer, you are also entitled to claim the difference between the basic rate which we will claim and the amount of tax you have actually paid. For further details on how you can do this, please contact your tax office. If your tax situation changes and your gifts will no longer be eligible for the Gift Aid scheme please contact us and we will amend your record accordingly.
Please download and complete the Charity Gift Aid declaration form below and post it back to us.
WHAT HAPPENS WITH YOUR DONATIONS?
The money raised from your donations will go towards the initial target of being a sustainable UK Charity for CRPS. After that target is reached the level then has to be maintained, over and above this figure it will go towards the general running of the Charity including helping to maintain all of our frontline services that we currently offer, including:
- Telephone helpline, manned by CRPS sufferers – our helpline is currently available in a limited capacity (01663 795055);
- Dedicated e-mail support system (firstname.lastname@example.org);
- Comprehensive, evidence based website containing information on CRPS, diagnosis, prognosis and potential treatments;
- 24/7 online community forum;
- Social media support;
- Range of information and awareness products designed to help people understand the effects of CRPS;
- Regular local support groups that provide support to individuals and families;
- Annual National conference with speakers working with and knowledge of CRPS and disabilities;
- CRPS awareness training sessions to professionals in the primary care and tertiary sector;
- Attendance at exhibitions to raise the profile of the charity and CRPS
- Access to legal support
- Fundraising support which includes event awareness on our website, our e-newsletter and across our social media as well as limited awareness items
- Provide interviews and volunteers for interviews in the media and on social media
- Assist in CRPS research projects and surveys and help to provide volunteers
After we keep those services running, it will be up to the Trustees who will decide the future of the funds after that.
EDUCATION & RAISING AWARENESS
Your donations will allow us to continue to raise awareness for Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) in the public and medical professionals. Also to educate the public and medical community as well as sufferers, their families, friends and carers via awareness sessions, conferences, exhibitions, etc.
We provide CRPS awareness and information sessions not only for the health and legal professionals but also for the public. If you are interested in finding out more about the CRPS sessions please take a look at our Seminars and Media page for more details.
SUPPORT GROUPS & FUTURE CONFERENCES
We have already begun the local support groups for everyone affected by CRPS in Manchester and Bath/Bristol. We have also set up a Central London support group. We are then hoping to roll out the programme to the rest of the UK. We will also be holding an Annual Meet & Greet Conference event, just like our 1st one on 7th November.
We hold an annual national CRPS conference every year in around November time ie during CRPS awareness month. Our 4th Annual National CRPS Conference washeld on Sunday 4th November 2018 at the Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park, Newcastle. This conference was kindly sponsored by Abbott (formerly known as St. Jude Medical). Our 2019 annual national CRPS conference is being generously sponsored by Mazars LLP.
CHARITABLE AIMS OF BURNING NIGHTS CRPS SUPPORT
The aims of Burning Nights CRPS Support is to become a successful UK Charity that is specifically for Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS). To attain our initial target which will require a lot of fundraising and a lot of help from you. Another aim is to improve public awareness of CRPS on a national scale as well as improving the medical education that the medical professions get for CRPS.
- To promote and protect the health of sufferers of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), their families and carers by the provision of information, advice and support involving raising awareness of all aspects of CRPS amongst the public in general but in particular those involved in the diagnosis, treatment and care of those suffering from CRPS; and
- To assist and support research into CRPS, its causes, treatment and cure and to ensure the useful results of such research are published.
MISSION STATEMENT for BURNING NIGHTS CRPS SUPPORT
Raising awareness of CRPS in the UK, improving CRPS education in all medical and legal professions and supporting all those affected by Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS).
Burning Nights CRPS Support charity has 4 Trustees. There are 2 signatories on the bank account. To introduce you to those Trustees, they are:
- MRS VICTORIA ABBOTT-FLEMING – Most of you will know Victoria as the Founder of Burning Nights CRPS Support as well as CRPS sufferer. It was decided by decision that Victoria become part of the team as well. Most of you will know about her and her story but here’s the link OUR FOUNDER
- MR TOM LOWE – Accountant and Treasurer from ABS Accountancy
- MR ALTAF PATEL – Director and solicitor at Cromptons Solicitors
- MISS LISA DAVIS – Trustee and CRPS patient
How interested are you in holding a charity fundraiser to help us reach our targets?
If you would like to hold a fundraiser activity in aid of Burning Nights CRPS Support, OR would like some fundraising ideas then please contact us and we will include give you some ideas for a future fundraising activity and if you have one planned then Burning Nights CRPS Support will include your fundraiser on social media, in the monthly e-newsletter and in our events calendar on this website.
If anyone has any suggestions about donations, fundraising or causes then please do get in touch with Burning Nights CRPS Support as we are always open to your suggestions. Don’t forget we need your help to reach the target!
OTHER WAYS TO DONATE
There are many other ways that you make a donation to Burning Nights CRPS Support. Please check out our Other Ways To Donate , but other ways of making a donation other than fundraising yourself includes:
- ChariTable Bookings
- Charity of the Year
- Corporate Sponsorship
- Easy Fundraising where you can do your online shopping using the Easy Fundraising page, find your item you wish to buy, make your purchase and with no cost to yourself the shop you have just bought from will make a donation to Burning Nights CRPS Support!