CRPS Awareness Month
What is Complex Regional Pain Syndrome or CRPS Awareness Month?
Throughout the month of November every year for the last 19 years, the CRPS community and their families and supporters around the world come together to help raise awareness of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, we know it as CRPS Awareness Month. November is CRPS awareness month!
On the 1st Monday of November every year we also support the day which is known as Colour The World Orange Day™. Orange is the colour of CRPS awareness which is why we ask landmarks, buildings, Town Halls and companies to change their lights to orange as well as asking you to wear or do something in orange during CRPS awareness month.
Many of the landmarks, Town Halls and buildings that do get involved are showing their fantastic support of raising awareness of this horrific chronic condition not only for those affected by it but also their families, friends, carers and of course their loved ones. 1 in 3,800 people are diagnosed with CRPS every year and we need to unite throughout November in support of everyone who have had their lives turned upside down by CRPS.
Interested in taking part in CRPS awareness month?
If you would like to get involved in CRPS awareness month in any way either by contacting your local Town Hall, landmark or company and asking them to change their lights to
As a Thank You to all the buildings and landmarks that do change their lights to orange we will be adding their names, pictures and contact details here on this page. When you share your pictures on social media please remember to use the hashtag #CRPSOrangeDay or #CRPSawareness
We can help publicise your events or light ups not only here on this page but also on our social media just remember to tag us into your posts and use the hashtags above. Here’s some of the photos of Manchester Town Hall over the 2 last year’s support in changing their lights to orange:
How Can You Take Part?
People often ask how they can get involved in CRPS awareness month. Here are a few ideas for you but don’t forget the main point is to help raise awareness of CRPS!
- Sign up to our Thunderclap message
- Wear something orange!
- Hold a fundraising event in aid of Burning Nights CRPS Support – We can send you some promotional and CRPS awareness items to help you with your event. Visit our fundraising page for more information on how we can help you
- Contact your local Town Hall, landmark, business or building and ask them to turn their lights to orange either on Colour The World Orange Day™ or 1 day or week in November
- Contact your local newspaper or/and local radio station and ask them to run a feature about CRPS, your own CRPS story either as a sufferer or loved one. Or ask them to include a Press Release about CRPS awareness month. Here is a template that you can use -> Press Release Template for CRPS Awareness Month and send to your local newspaper
- Speak to local businesses and ask them to put up one of our charity posters in their shop window or pin board. To get these posters please contact us and we will send you some out. Or you can make your own
If you need any help or have any questions about CRPS awareness month and the orange light up then please email us. Don’t forget to send us your pictures of any light ups, events or you helping to raise awareness during November – CRPS awareness month!
TOWN HALLS or LANDMARKS CHANGING THEIR LIGHTS TO ORANGE 2017
This year the following buildings, town halls and landmarks have kindly agreed to change their building lights to orange in support of CRPS awareness and Burning Nights CRPS Support. THANK YOU to all of you who have agreed to do this!
Thursday 2nd November 2017
MANCHESTER TOWN HALL – Manchester Town Hall will be lighting up their beautiful town hall building on Thursday 2nd November 2017 for the 3rd year running. Thank you!
Monday 6th November 2017
FIRST DIRECT ARENA – They will be changing their arena lights to orange on Monday 6th November
Wednesday 8th November 2017
BLACKPOOL TOWER – Thank You! Why not go along to the Tower on Wednesday 8th November, take some photos and share them with us on social media?!
Please support CRPS awareness month this November!
Last Updated: 17/11/2017