We’re preparing to say goodbye to 2021 and welcome in 2022.
For many, it may feel as though 2021 was only a small improvement on the challenges of 2020 and are hoping the coming year is more positive.
If anything has become unmistakably clear over the last two years, it’s the fact that the pandemic has been significantly more difficult for those with chronic conditions such as CRPS.
The work that we do has never been more vital for our service users. Our yearly survey found that:
Our service was rated ‘Excellent’ by 86% of respondents
Some of the most accessed and valuable services we provide include the following:
We are immensely proud of the work that we do to help people across the UK and internationally.
We know that with your help, we have been able to support thousands of people who may otherwise be forced to deal with this condition alone.
With your help, we have been fortunate to fund our lifesaving support services which have made a difference in so many peoples’ lives.
One example is our service user Danielle* whose CRPS symptoms began in 2011 following a devastating car crash which left her in debilitating chronic pain.
In the last ten years, she says, “I’ve never found anything to take the pain away. And I’ve tried everything.”
Since accessing the support of Burning Nights CRPS group meetings, she’s found that it’s been an incredible source of support.
“I know how lonely and isolating it is, and sometimes you don’t want somebody to come and fix your problems – you just need someone to listen to you.”
Despite the many services we provide and the presence we maintain for people all over the world, our work is solely dependent on the goodwill of our sponsors.
We know that the COVID-19 pandemic has not been easy on anyone, but we are compelled to continue our fundraising work because we know how important our services are.
That is why we decided to run our Burning Nights CRPS Hope for Christmas 2021 campaign.
Here’s how you can help:
· Donate £3 a month to help us continue our awareness-raising work
· Donate £8 a month to help us run our Support Helpline for people in need of information and friendly advice
· Donate £12 a month to help us distribute reliable information (online, print, phone) to our service users
· Donate £20 a month to allow us to run our online peer support groups to connect those living with CRPS
· Donate £25 a month to help pay for 1 hour of our extremely in-demand counselling service for those with CRPS
· Another amount of your choosing to help us continue our work
We’re aiming to raise £2,500 for our Christmas campaign and it’s through the generous spirit of donors like you who make our work possible.
If you’re unable to donate, consider sharing our donation page to family, friends, or colleagues who can help.
Some other ideas to help us until our donation deadline day of 31st January include:
· Volunteer with us
· Fundraise for us
· Small business owner? Consider a donation day with Work for Good
· Send eCards and donate stamp costs via DontSendMeACard
· Shop online through Easyfundraising, eBay for Charity, or Amazon Smile
We want to hear from you if you’re interested in supporting our organisation on a more long-term basis.
Phone: +44 (0) 1663 795055 (UK)
Helpline hours: Monday to Friday 10:00 – 16:00
We want to ensure everyone gets the help we need – will you help us reach our donation target to get there?
With your support, we can ensure that no person living with CRPS has to go without support services this Christmas.
From all of us at Burning Nights CRPS Support, we thank you for giving us the gift of hope.