Our 3rd Annual National Burning Nights CRPS Support Conference
The Burning Nights CRPS Support FREE-to-attend 3rd Annual National Burning Nights CRPS Support conference event is on 4 November 2017!
Due to the fantastic successes of our last 2 Annual Burning Nights CRPS Support conference events in 2015 and 2016, our 3rd annual national CRPS conference is taking place on Saturday 4th November 2017 and due to popular request it will be held in the South at the Marriott Bexleyheath, Kent.
Watch our brief 5 minute highlight video on what went on during our Inaugural Burning Nights CRPS meet & greet :Our last year’s Burning Nights CRPS Support annual national conference was held at the Manchester Marriott hotel in September 2016. Check out the 2 minute highlight video of what went on: Not interested in watching our videos, then why not read our 2nd Annual Burning Nights CRPS Meet & Greet Conference blog or check out our Inaugural Burning Nights CRPS Meet & Greet blog as well?!
TO THE TOP
DATE: Saturday 4th November 2017
TIME: Starting at 9.30am and finishing around 4pm (You are free to come and go as you like)
WHERE: Marriott Bexleyheath hotel, 1 Broadway, Bexleyheath, DA6 7JZ
LUNCH & REFRESHMENTS: Both lunch (sandwiches including vegetarian option, salad bar and fries) and refreshments are FREE for you during the day’s event.
TO THE TOP
SPEAKERS:This year we have 4 confirmed speakers who are:
Mr James FitzGerald, Neurosurgeon, Oxford – ‘Dorsal Root Ganglion Stimulators for Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)‘Mr FitzGerald is a neurosurgeon who regularly implants the Dorsal Root Ganglion stimulators for CRPS sufferers. James FitzGerald is a Consultant Neurosurgeon at the University of Oxford and John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford. He studied Physics at Oxford University, graduating in 1992, then Medicine, also at Oxford, graduating in 1998. He obtained a PhD in neuroelectronic interfacing at the University of Cambridge in 2010, before returning to Oxford to take up his present position in 2012. His work focuses on implanted electronic devices that interface directly with parts of the nervous system. Clinically he specialises in implanted neurostimulator devices, such as Deep Brain Stimulators, Spinal Cord Stimulators, and Dorsal Root Ganglion Stimulators for conditions including Parkinson’s disease and chronic severe pain.
Dr Chris Jenner, CRPS Specialist, London – ‘An overview of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and the available treatment options‘Dr Jenner is from the London Pain Clinic. As a leading Consultant in Pain Medicine and Anaesthesia, Dr Christopher Jenner MB BS, FRCA FFPMRCA has expertise in treating a host of chronic and acute pain disorders, particularly musculoskeletal pain, neuropathic pain and CRPS, he is well renowned as the go-to doctor when pain is the barrier to rehabilitation. Dr Jenner’s reputation as a pain clinician and the outstanding results he achieves in the management of chronic pain, CRPS and fibromyalgia, sees patients fly to London from around the World to be treated by him. He runs an NHS clinic in a leading London hospital and is an honorary lecturer for Imperial Healthcare Trust. He also has a private clinic, the London Pain Clinic, in Harley Street and the Weymouth Street Hospital in central London. As a leader in his field, Dr Jenner is regularly called upon to appear as an Expert Witness in complex medico-legal cases. Why not read read Dr Jenner’s article on Removing the Complexity of CRPS in Medico-Legal Cases in our blog?
TO THE TOP
Chris Edwards, Motability – ‘The Motability Scheme‘Our 3rd confirmed speaker is Chris Edwards from Motability who will be speaking about the Motability scheme, how it works and adaptions that can be done on your car using the Motability scheme.
Rob Warren, Clinical Director of Plexus Healthcare – ‘How best to use your OT – What they do and what they can do for people with CRPS‘Rob Warren has worked within health and social care for the past 20 years, initially working as a care assistant working with adults with profound physical and learning disabilities. He progressed to working in a day centre for people with physical and mental health difficulties and this led him to move into occupational therapy in 1996. Rob qualified as an occupational therapist in 2002 gaining a BSC Honours degree from London South Bank University. During his qualifying studies Rob developed a keen interested in neurological occupational therapy, pursuing this interest, he worked for the NHS for 10 years specialising in neurological occupational therapy in both acute, community and specialist services. Rob’s final position within the NHS was as the lead occupational therapist and Clinical Specialist for Stroke and Neurology. Rob has been a regular guest lecturer for Essex University on both the BSc and MSc Occupational therapy courses and has been a clinical member of the Essex Cardiac and Stroke Network which actively works towards the promotion of good practice throughout the county. Rob now works as Clinical Director and Independent Consultant Occupational Therapist for Plexus Healthcare and provides expert support, knowledge and experience for people with neurological impairments.
CRPS CARERS & SUFFERERS SPEAKERSWe have 2 CRPS sufferers giving us a short talk about their lives living with CRPS:
- Maddie Gordon – Maddie will be talking about her journey as someone living with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Lisa Davis – Lisa is a trustee for Burning Nights CRPS Support charity and will be talking about her life as a CRPS sufferer facing an amputation
HOW TO GET YOUR TICKETS:Please click on the 3rd Annual National Burning Nights CRPS Support Conference event link which will take you to our events page and complete the RSVP box underneath the event and map and fill in the following information:
- how many tickets you would like,
- your name,
TO THE TOP
RAFFLE:Just as in previous years, we will be holding a raffle! We are also holding an auction for 2 items which have been generously donated by 2 Premiership Football Clubs – Manchester United and Arsenal. ** Are you part of a business or company? If you are part of a large company, high street shop or you own a business and would consider kindly donating a prize to our raffle, please contact us! All the money raised on the day will go towards the charity.**
PRIZES SO FAR:THANK YOU to all the companies and individuals who have kindly donated the following prizes for the raffle:
- CDs and books by Dr Beth Darnell – Dr Darnell has kindly sent us some binaural relaxation audio CDs, ‘Opioid-Free Pain Relief Kit’ books and a ‘1 Less Pain, Few Pills’ book. If you wish to have a look at the books and CDs Dr Darnell has written and are for sale please visit her website -> Beth Darnell PhD
- 2 tickets for a Days Play for one of the Lancashire Home Domestic Matches (excluding T20 and International matches) at Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester for the 2018 cricket season. Kindly donated by Lancashire County Cricket Club
- Male and Female hamper kindly donated from Avon
- 3 course meal for 2 voucher generously donated from Pizza Express
- Hamper kindly donated from Tesco, Whaley Bridge
- Sainsbury’s sandwich toaster
- Russell Hobbs hand mixer
- 4 x £25 Gift Vouchers – kindly donated by Burning Nights CRPS Support Patron – Fiona Ashworth
- Small bottles of wine and beer
- Royal Jelly products
- Small leather purse
AUCTIONWe have 2 generously donated items that we will be auctioning off on the day of the conference! Those attending the conference will be able to bid for these items on the day. Payment MUST be made in full on the day and items won’t be released until payment has been received. You are able to pay for these items either by cash, PayPal or bank transfer.
- SIGNED MANCHESTER UNITED PENNANT – This pennant has been signed by 4 members of the Manchester United players – Daley Blind, Phil Jones, Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashford – Reserve price £25 – bidding for the Manchester United pennant will begin at £25
- FRAMED SIGNED ARSENAL PHOTOGRAPH – This photograph has been signed by members of the First Team Squad of Arsenal football club (Certificate of Authenticity along with the photograph) – Reserve price £50 – bidding for the framed signed Arsenal photograph will begin at £50